Author: Becky Pike Pluth, M.Ed.
Death by webinar is rapidly replacing death by PowerPoint! But it doesn't have to. Make webinars effective and engaging!
Teaching online is a different animal -- requiring different skills and a different energy -- that comletely exposes any weaknesses in your material and prep. Budget cuts and a business focus on everything "green" makes HR training via webinars a really attractive option -- if you can do it effectively. Here's the resource you NEED for designing and delivering training that justifies your investment and gets the job done WELL.
- What are the top 10 sins of webinars? How can I avoid them?
- Can I connect with learners online? How?
- What are best practices for webinar design, execution and follow-up?
- What tips can I use to energize my audience?
- How can I make a powerful impact with my slide design?
- How do I use the basic webinar software tools to best advantage?
- What activities can I use to ensure participant involvement?
- What techniques can I implement to make the webinar enjoyable for both host and participant?
- How do I increase retention of the training material?
Implementing these techniques and activities are guaranteed to better prepare you to involve your participants, make your training memorable, and ensure participant action planning.
Table of Contents
1. Where Do I Start?
2. The Deadliy Sins of Webinars
3. PowerPoint, Polling and Participant Handouts
4. Tool Overview
5. Types of Interactivities and How to Use Them
Paperback, 181 pages