"It was a model experience that I plan to use in every customer service class I teach. Thank you for exceptional products and superior customer service"!
--Bethany Auriel-Hagan, Talent Development/ Trainer, Electrosonic, Inc.
more testimonials ...
The Leader's Handbook, 2nd edition
Learning Leadership Skills by Facilitating Fun, Games, Play, and Positive Interaction
The Leader's Handbook is based on over 35 years of practical experience! Very few, if any, leadership books have this depth of leadership analysis. It is geared toward training, group management, and youth development, and will demonstrate how to effectively work with and lead games and play activities.
Topics include basic concepts, enthusiasm, safety, presentation, maintaining the flow of play, closing a game session, game theory, leader roles, managing a large event, positive discipline, situational leadership, and transition activities. A variety of resources including books, magazines, equipment, and organizations are also provided.
Focusing on more than just theory, The Leader's Handbook is a practical guide that shows leaders how to create fun with real people in real situations and has a special chapter on the application of "facilitative leadership" to a wide range of program areas.
The Leader's Handbook (Second Edition) updates the previous edition's references and resources and adds many new ones, and triples the number of photographs.
Paperback, 231 pages
Authors: Bill Michaelis, John M. O'Connell
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1—On Playing On Purpose
- Chapter 2—The Fundamentals of Play Leadership
- Chapter 3—Getting It Going
- Chapter 3.5—The Flow Imperative
- Chapter 4—Keeping It Going (Rollin’ on the River)
- Chapter 5—Ending It All Well
- Chapter 6—On Games
- Chapter 7—Leading (& Orchestrating) Events, or, “The Big Game”
- Chapter 8—Some Advanced Leadership Skills
- Chapter 8.5—Positive Discipline: An Approach to Behavior Guidance
- Chapter 9—A Bigger Bag of Tricks
- Chapter 10—How to Get Better
- Chapter 11—On the Importance of Being a Playmaker
- Chapter 12—Resources, Connections, and Beyond
About this 2nd edition:
"It's just as important and useful a book, as significant and valuable resource to anyone who is contemplating leadership as it was then, ...over a decade ago."