How to Bring Out the Best in People at Their Worst
Dealing with People You Can't Stand, the bestselling book by Dr. Rick Brinkman and Dr. Rick Kirschner, delivers the proven strategies and easy-to-use action steps to cope with the difficult people in your life. The THIRD EDITION- Now Updated for a New Generation of Bothersome Behaviors including: Meddlers, Martyrs and Judges!
Difficult people are everywhere. From bullying bosses who demand that employees scurry to meet their needs ... to friends whose favorite pastime is complaining. From spouses who shut down when you try to connect ... to coworkers who seem set on sabotaging your work. From parents who zing you with their "helpful" observations about what's wrong in your life ...to children who sullenly grunt one-word responses to your questions.
You have two choices when dealing with difficult people. Let their behavior drive you nuts... or learn how to deal with difficult people.
How You'll Benefit:
Paperback: 283 pages
- Recognize difficult people for who they truly are: people you care for, who are behaving in a difficult, annoying way
- Spot the 10 most common difficult behaviors: Tank Attacks, Snipers, Grenades (tantrums), Know it alls, Think-they-know-it-alls, Negativity, Whining, Yes, Maybe, and Nothing people.
- Understand why difficult people act the way they do
- Turn conflict into cooperation
- Adjust your communication so difficult people understand what you're saying ... rather than getting defensive
- Identify which communication tactic will be most effective when dealing with difficult people (hint: it depends on which behavior they're showing)
- Adjust how you communicate via phone or email so you don't trigger difficult people
- Bolster your courage when dealing with difficult people
- Cultivate new conflict-resolution skills to use in every area of your life
- Enjoy greater confidence when dealing with difficult people
- Experience less stress and more harmony in all relationships