Look under your thumb and share!
Explore the most effective customer service techniques by discussion of what works and what doesn't.
With this one-of-a-kind Thumball, teams can discuss what techniques and behaviors foster positive customer experiences and which further deteriorate relationships. Share your reaction to whatever prompt lies under your thumb.
Thumball™ is a soft 6" stuffed ball pre-printed with 32 panels that has LOADS of interesting applications for meetings, training, and employee relations.
Facilitation Tips: This Thumball contains two types of prompts.
The Silver prompts represent familiar complaints expressed by customers. The challenge with these is to explain how you might respond in order to win back the customer's trust and business.
The Navy Blue prompts reflect what NOT to say. The challenge is to explain why it's ineffective and share a more appropriate or more effective approach.
View video previews!
If you want to kick it up a notch, try these creative twists:
1. Have players share a real-life anecdote, and explain how they might handle it differently next time.
2. Ask first recipient to select an answer panel to which all players must respond or contribute.
3. Select a panel and use that as fodder for a two-person role-play activity.
What they say:
1. Your people are so rude.
2. I can't get anyone to help me.
3. You're not listening.
4. I've explained my problem to 10 people!
5. This is made so cheap.
6. Why is this so expensive?
7. That's not what your colleague told me.
8. You've kept me waiting for SO long.
9. Why isn't anyone getting back to me.
10. This isn't what I thought I was getting.
11. You just don't care about your customers.
12. You sent the wrong thing.
13. This is too complicated.
14. You're so slow!
15. Can't you give me a discount?
16. No one told me the return policy.
17. It's your fault.
18. I need it NOW!
19. You don't know your own products
20. I was told they are in stock.
What else might you say?
1. You ordered the wrong thing.
2. You don't know what you're talking about.
3. Can't you be patient?
4. You have unrealistic expectations.
5. That's impossible.
6. Fine, go to the competitor.
7. We don't want you as a customer anyway.
8. Can you talk faster, I'm really busy.
9. Nobody's going to do that! Good luck!
10. That's just our policy.